Friday, March 05, 2010

Find the Others

As an only child I became unnecessarily independent. I also became shy and selective about whom I opened up to, generally not trusting people, while still maintaining a fundamental trust even through continual disappointments. Then I realized I don’t have to make it alone. There are so many people out there and resources at my disposal that it is foolish to trudge out in the world alone. Chogyam Trungpa talks about building a court similar to the fashion of royalty with you as the king or queen, with a general, a minister, a steed, and so on. Public Enemy exemplified this court principle with their collective of Chuck D, Flavor-Flav, Terminator X, S1W’s, The Bomb Squad, Harry Allen (Media Assassin), Professor Griff. One not only doesn’t need to go forth alone, but if they are ever going to rise beyond the limits of mere survival and start manifesting their full potential they must gain the support of others. How do we build the links to our chain in this chaotic world?

No comments: