Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Creative Marriage Never Ends



I woke up this morning relaxed and aware of the churnings of my mind, and I decided to visit an earlier entry I wrote about getting married a couple of years ago. The piece is called Creative Marriage. I begin by talking about letting my thoughts that build up in my head flow first in the example of a hodge podge rap piece, and second in the release of thoughts in the blog entry.

I move on to the fact that I have been married 2 years now, and quite a lot has shifted. Both my wife and I lost our jobs within a few months of each other. Now as we figure out our next steps our relationship recognizes the shift. We enjoy the time together but not working causes a strain on things naturally. We are bounded by our commitments to each other and we can take comfort that we are here working side by side, this is a true blessing.

We said we wanted to break away from the corporate life but didn't know we would be ejected more by their rules than with us writing our own tickets, and those bruises hurt as they drift into scars. Moving on in life teaches some powerful lessons and I think we are still learning a lot about those things, just look at the Tea Party, and OWS, and all the other indicators of the angry voices as the Bankers get the bailout.

We got married and are now trying to find our individual voices in this crazy confusing world. I look to see the world of Street Artchiving to be my next step. I love taking pictures of Graffiti and Street Art starting in my local neighborhood, and then expanding from there. I love the idea of working for myself and becoming an entrepreneur, this is my path, writing, and learning the ropes out here on my own generating income and surviving with the sharks without becoming one ourselves.

The thoughts get released, and the wonder comes back with the structure of the day to day play by play. Life bouncing with possibility, abundant with excitement, happy to dip back in the joy of marriage, and the movement of making sense of a turbulent journey. Happy Trails!

No comments: