Sunday, June 27, 2010

Early Outward

Get up today! The sun is shining brightly.
Listen! You are the essence of my heart,
The goodness of life.
I invite you. Get up today!

Today is gone very quickly, tomorrow will come.
Please do not give up your hope
That we will have time to taste
Happiness and sorrow.

If you are the moon in heaven,
Show me your face as full moon!
If this is the season of summer,
Show me the rhododendron flowers!

On the mirror of the mind
Many reflections could have occurred.
However, the face of the beloved one
Cannot be changed.

If the heart has any pattern,
There can be no change.
Will the sun rise tomorrow?
It is useless to ask such silly questions.

Whether the sun arises or not,
I don’t make any distinctions.
My care is only for you,
That in your heart the genuine sun should rise.

If she is my dearly beloved one,
She should be called “One Who Has Stolen My Heart.”
The dance of apparent phenomena –
Mirage: is this performed by you?

When I meditate in the cave,
Rock becomes transparent
When I met the right consort,
My thought became transparent.

Dearly beloved, to whom my karma is linked,
I could not find anyone but you.
The wind of karma is a force
Beyond my control.

This good aspiration and karma
Are impossible to change:
Turbulent waterfall of Kong Me –
No one can prevent it!

When my mind recalls the dearly beloved,
There is no shyness or fear:
Majestic dakini that you are –
This must be my good karma!

By Chogyam Trungpa

No comments: