Sunday, June 06, 2010

A note on these transcripts

I am a bit shocked at the voluminous nature of the transcriptions from yesterday’s jam session with St. Mark and Sal. I am allowing the open world to be privy to the machinations of uncut mind. I don’t claim that what has paraded across my blog is of high quality, or representative of my potentials as an artist. What I am doing is maintaining honesty, openness, and a level of integrity that I hold myself up to. Contained in this onslaught of words is me. It may be parts of me I want to disown, or aspects that in the past I chose to hide. Most of us hide these myriad aspects of ourselves, and don’t spin it all out into the open, but I chose my name Pathrhino for a reason. This is my path and I must forge ahead. There is little fear in my heart that I can’t face and work with. I am poised here leaving my imprint on the Webverse. A long time ago I had an idea that one could approach their art slicing and dicing, only showing their best work, or they could jump in the furnace and present themselves as it reveals itself, and allow quantity to take over the matrix. I do this somewhat hesitantly and not sure of what impacts, and karmic propulsion I am working with. All I can say is like my celestial teacher Trungpa instructs us to “lean into the sharp points.” I also keep in mind the admonitions he gives us to be responsible as artists, careful not to barrage our audiences with our neurosis. As I look ahead I hope to strike a balance between these things and make my life come into the focus that is so much a part of my future road. Those of you who will discover and stay with me I thank you for your companionship on the lonely road.
As for everyone else out there I am happy to wish you well. I feel good about where I am in my journey, even if I can’t say I am happy with the words that sprayed out of me yesterday. The thing that can’t be denied is the release that I felt yesterday, and the intuitive steps that my heart keeps telling me to take. As a formerly stifled creative I will be coming out of my turtle shell in varied ways with pep in the step. So take these transcripts with a grain of salt. I am not here to assault you but allow myself to be the Self that I strive to be. I have allowed this world to stifle me, and muffle my cries of pain. This is a situation that I am finally adult enough to strike from the gameplan. So please fell free to join me and voice yourselves in the process. I am open to whatever people have to say, and look forward to the dialogues that I am sure will soon develop.

No comments: